Immune Thrombocytopenia Purpura among the Various Age Groups Patients Attending Jaypee Multi-super Speciality World Class Hospital Noida
Asian Journal of Immunology,
Background: Immune mediated thrombocytopenia (ITP) is a common manifestation of autoimmune disease in children. Although patients often present with bruises, petechiae, and some mucosal bleeding, the incidence of life-threatening hemorrhage is rare (0.2-0.9%) but can be fatal when presenting in vital organs.
Study Setting and Design: A facility based cross sectional study was conducted from May 2019 to January 2020 at Jaypee Multi-super Speciality World-class Hospital Laboratory Medicine, sector 128 Noida. This health facility is located in utter Pradesh (UP) in India and is a source of medical care for the underserved population. This research was designed to investigate immune thrombocytopenia purpura among 151 patients attending Jaypee Multi-Super Speciality World Class Hospital Noida.
Methodology: The Complete Blood Count (CBC) was carried out using an automated analyzer (sysmex XN-1000).
Coagulation Analysis procedure (Prothrombin Time (PT) Test and Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (APTT) was carried out using a Coagulation Analyzer (Destiney plus).
Results: The total subjects with Thrombocytopenia purpura in this research are 151 subjects, 100 (66.2%) are male and the remaining 51 (33.8%) were female respectively. Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura. Out of 151 subjects recruited for this study Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura was recorded 23 subjects (15.2%) in which 12 (7.95%) are male and 11(7.29%) were female. This result showed that, the 48 patients (31.8) of the subjects were having a Prothrombin Time (PT) value of less than 14.9 seconds while, the 103 patients (68.2) showed Prothrombin Time of greater than 14.9, the 14.9 was the normal range. Activated Partial Thrombin Time (APPT) of less than 23.0 seconds were recorded in 103 patients (68.2%) of the subjects while, Activated Partial Thrombin Time of greater than 23.0 seconds were recorded in 48 patients (31.8%) of the subjects. International Normalize Ratio (INR) of less than 1.1 were recorded in 43 patients (28.5%) of the subjects while, International Normalize Ratio of greater than 1.1 were recorded in 108 patients (71.5%) of the subjects.
- immune thrombocytopenia
- complete blood count
- prothrombin time and activated partial thromboplastin time
How to Cite
Cooper N, Bussel J. The pathogenesis of immune thrombocytopaenic purpura. Br J Haematol. 2006;133(4):364-374.
Mitra Taghizadeh. An update on immune-mediated thrombocytopenia. Labmedicine,January 2008;39:51-54.
Bromberg MB. Immune thrombocytopenic purpura, the changing therapeutic landscape. N Engl J Med. 2006;355:1643–1645.
Stasi R, Newland AC. ITP: A historical perspective. Br J Haematol. 2011;153(4):437-450.
Practical hematology, Dacie and Lewis:12th edition.
STA Neoplastine -R Kit insert- Referrence 00665
Destiny plus operator's manual guideline for specimen handling and processing, mayo medical laboratory, Revision August; 2016.
Neelaveni N, Jeshtadi A, Sri S, Lavanya, M, Prathima P. 2014;2321–7251
Immune thrombocytopenic purpura : A 5-year study , our experience at a tertiary care centre Clinical Presentation . 2014;1:2–5.
Abstract View: 119 times
PDF Download: 89 times